(Part of the Doctrine of Election
Sovereign Grace Salvation web page study group.)
Further verses of the Bible, which support the belief in Election (Sovereign Grace Sovereign Will Salvation).
- - "For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call."
- - "-and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory, even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?"
- - "Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace."
- - "God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord."
(1 Corinthians 1:9)
- - "but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God."
(1 Corinthians 1:23-24)
- - "Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit."
(2 Corinthians 5:5)
- - "In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,-"
- - "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,-"
- - "But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,-"
- - "Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue,-"
(2 Peter 1:2-3)
While this study site does not list all the verses of Scripture, which proclaim that salvation is an act of God's Sovereign Grace & Will, also called Election, this collection of bible verses, along with others, in the Election study group, provide a large overall sampling of the basis for the belief in the Doctrine of Election. They should be of help in determining the validity of Sovereign Grace, Sovereign Will, Salvation.
Biblical Evidence supporting Election
page updated 03/15/2011.