(Part of the Election, Sovereign Grace, Will, Salvation bible study group.)
Holy Scripture steadfastly proclaims, from beginning to end, that God chooses His people, which is the foundation of the Doctrine of Election, or the belief in Sovereign Will & Grace Salvation.
Consider several of the multitude of biblical verses:
- - "I will be their God, and they shall be My people."
- - "I will call them My people, who were not My people"
- - "And it shall come to pass in the place where it was said to them, 'You are not My people,' There they shall be called sons of the living God."
There is no room to interject "if they choose" in these statements in the Bible.
- - "The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,"
- - "that we might receive the adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, 'Abba, Father!' "
(Galatians 4:5 )
- - "having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,"
No one can choose to become part of a family. The choice in adoption rests with the person doing the adopting, not with the one being adopted.
Two statements made by Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, which reinforce the fabric of Scripture:
- - "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me."
Sheep do not pick the shepherd; it is the Shepherd who picks the sheep.
- - "For many are called, but few are chosen."
It is the King who does the choosing, not those hearing the invitation.
The Bible, God's inspired word, proclaims salvation by God's Sovereign Will &: Grace, which is the Doctrine of Election, not by man's "free will."
Holy Scripture's Proclamation
page updated 03/17/2011.