(Part of the Election, Sovereign Grace, Will, Salvation bible study group.)
- - "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him."
- - "When His disciples heard it, they were greatly astonished, saying, "Who then can be saved?" But Jesus looked at them and said to them, 'With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
- - "For many are called, but few are chosen."
- - "And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened."
- - "For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect."
- - "For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will."
- - "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out."
- - "This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day."
- - "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day."
- - "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing."
- - And He said, "Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father."
- - "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand."
- - Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him."
- - "I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours."
[If you think Jesus is speaking only of the Apostles, see verse 20.]
The above verses of the Bible show Jesus' salvation teaching. It is clear that Jesus taught that salvation is by the Sovereign Will of God, which supports the validity of the Doctrine of Election.
Salvation Teaching of Jesus
page updated 03/16/2011.