What does Scripture have to say about the Creator? We find the following verses concerning Jesus Christ:
- - "But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;-You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands."
Heb 1:8 & 10
- - "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."
- - "He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not."
- - "For all things were created in Him, the things in the heavens, and the things on the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers, all things were created through Him and for Him. "
- - "But to us [there is but] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [are] all things, and we by him."
1 Co 8:6
From the above, we find that Scripture names Jesus as the Creator; yet, consider the following:
- - "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."
- - "I am the LORD (Jehovah), your savior; I am the one who created you. I am the LORD (Jehovah), the Creator of all things. I alone stretched out the heavens; when I made the earth, no one helped me."
- - "The LORD (Jehovah), the holy God of Israel, ... I am the one who made the earth and created human beings to live there. By my power I stretched out the heavens; I control the sun, the moon, and the stars."
Isa 45:11-12 (GNB)
- - "You, LORD (Jehovah), you alone are LORD (Jehovah); you made the heavens and the stars of the sky. You made land and sea and everything in them; you gave life to all. The heavenly powers bow down and worship you."
- - "Sovereign LORD (Jehovah), you made the earth and the sky by your great power and might; nothing is too difficult for you. "
Jer 32:17 (GNB)
- - "This is a message about Israel from the LORD (Jehovah), the LORD (Jehovah)who spread out the skies, created the earth, and gave life to man. He says,...."
ZEC 12:1 (GNB)
How can this be? Old Testament names Jehovah as the Creator; and New Testament proclaims Jesus as Creator.
Come, let us reason together! If you will proceed to One God maybe we can reason this disparity out.
(For a more in-depth study on the subject,
visit the Hebrews 1:8-10 Bible Study group)