(Part of the Hebrews 1:8-10,
& Effective Bible Study web page groups.)
"You, Lord, have laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the works of Your hands."
"All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being."
The above two biblical verses about Jesus, taken in the entire context of Holy Scripture, proclaim Him to be the Creator.
(Note this page is a part of a study of Hebrews 1:8-10, which is part of the Effective Bible Study group of pages. You may wish to view those pages to get further insight into the Scriptural teaching that Jesus is God and Creator.)
Following are some of the verses of the Bible concerning the Creator:
- - "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
- - "For in six days Jehovah made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day."
- - "By the Word of Jehovah were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth."
- - "A Prayer of Moses, the man of God. O Jehovah, You have been our dwelling-place in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting You are God. "
- - "I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days; Your years are through the generation of generations. Of old You have laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the work of Your hands."
- - "So says Jehovah God, He who created the heavens and stretched them out, spreading out the earth and its offspring; He who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it. "
- - "So says Jehovah, the Holy One of Israel, and the One who formed him, Do you ask Me of things to come? Do you give command to Me about My sons, and about the work of My hands? I have made the earth, and created man on it; I with My hands have stretched out the heavens; and all their host have I commanded. "
- - "Jehovah of Hosts. He has made the earth by His power; He has established the world by His wisdom, and has stretched out the heavens by His understanding."
The first group of verses cited from the Bible, identify Jesus as the Creator; while the second group identifies Jehovah, Yahweh, as the Creator. For there not to be a significant contradiction in Holy Scripture, thereby breaking the validity of Scripture. it follows that Jesus is Jehovah, Yahweh . Since Jehovah, Yahweh, stems from the tetragrammaton JHVH (YHWH), which the Hebrews use to denote the incommunicable name of the One, True, God (Exodus 3:15), Jesus is also the Creator & God, Almighty.
(See Jesus, God for further biblical proofs).
As further proof that Jesus is God and Creator,Jehovah (Yahweh), consider the following Scriptural verses:
- - " Come near to Me, hear this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning. From its being, I was there; and now the Lord Jehovah, and His Spirit, has sent Me. So says Jehovah, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel, I am Jehovah your God who teaches you to profit, who leads you by the way that you should go. "
- - "And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness."
- - "And Jehovah God said, Behold, the man has become as one of Us, to know good and evil."
- - "Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, so that they cannot understand one another's speech. "
- - "And I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us? "
(You can view the studies of these verses at The US of God & Isaiah 48:16-17)
From effective bible study techniques, we find the teaching of the Scriptures, and revelation concerning the Nature of the Creator, God - Jehovah (Yahweh), & Jesus.