"Come near to Me, hear this; I have not spoken in
secret from the beginning. From its being, I was there; and now the Lord Jehovah, and His Spirit, has sent Me. So says Jehovah, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel,
I am Jehovah your God."
Isaiah 48:16-17 names the Sent One as Jehovah, Redeemer, & the Holy One of Israel. We have established that Jesus Christ is the Sent One. (See Jesus - God) Since Jesus is the Holy One of Israel, Isa 48:16-17 names Him Jehovah, Redeemer, and God.
Here are a few more verses, from the Bible, concerning the Holy One of Israel
- - "Woe, sinful nation, a people heavy with iniquity, a seed of evil doers, sons who corrupt! They have forsaken Jehovah; they have provoked the Holy One of Israel to anger; they have gone away backward."
- - "So, as the fire devours the stubble, and the flame burns up the chaff; their root shall be like rottenness, and their blossoms shall go up like dust, because they have cast away the Law of Jehovah of Hosts, and despised the Word of the Holy One of Israel."
- - "For so says the Lord Jehovah, the Holy One of Israel,-"
- - "For I am Jehovah your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;-"
- - "For thy Maker is thy husband, Jehovah of Hosts is His name, And thy Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, `God of all the earth,' He is called."
(Isa 54:5 - Literal Translation)
- - "For neither Israel nor Judah has been forsaken by his God, by Jehovah of Hosts, though their land was filled with sin against the Holy One of Israel. "
- - "And the nations shall know that I am Jehovah, the Holy One in Israel. "
- - "God comes from Teman, and the Holy One from Mount Paran. Selah. His glory covers the heavens, and His praise fills the earth. "
We can see that some of the above verses name the Holy One of Israel (Jesus Christ) as God, while several make a distinction between the two. Since ALL Holy Scripture pertaining to doctrine and our knowledge of God, is Spiritually inspired and there can be no significant conflicts in the Holy Bible, it is clear that these verses along with the ones cited on Jesus, the Creator & the Trinity Study show that God has a multi-faceted nature.