Alpha & Omega
First & Last
"Behold, He comes with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, and those who pierced Him will see Him, and all the kindreds of the earth will wail because of Him. Even so, Amen. I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, says the Lord, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the Ending,
the First and the Last."
"I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify these things to you over the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the bright and Morning Star."
(Rev 22:13 & 16)
The Book of Revelation, which is the Testimony of Jesus Christ, identifies Jesus as the The Alpha & The Omega (The First & The Last). It further identifies Him as The Almighty. Further testimony by Jesus, showing that the title, The First & The Last belongs to Him is found in:
- - " And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying to me, Do not fear, I am the First and the Last, and the Living One, and I became dead, and behold, I am alive for ever and ever, Amen. And I have the keys of hell and of death."
- - "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: The First and the Last, who became dead and lived, says these things:-"
It is Jesus Christ, Himself, who reveals that He is the First & the Last of Holy Scripture. Since the Bible is one continual work stretching from Genesis to Revelation, it is clear that this title belongs to Jesus, and no other. There can only be one who is the First and one who is the Last
We also find the following statements concerning the First & the Last in the Holy Bible:
- - "Who has planned and done it, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, Jehovah, am the first and the last; I am He."
- - "So says Jehovah, the King of Israel, and His redeemer Jehovah of Hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and besides Me there is no God."
- - "Listen to me, O Jacob and Israel, My called; I am He; I am the first, I also am the last. My hand laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand spread out the heavens; when I call to them, they stand forth together."
Isaiah, inspired by God, calls the First & the Last, Jehovah, Jehovah of Hosts, the Redeemer, and God (meaning the God of Israel). This further biblical evidence along with those already discussed in Jesus - God & Jesus - the Creator, provide overwhelming Testimony from Holy Scripture that Jesus is indeed God Almighty & Eternal.